Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flip Flopper

As I previously mentioned, the layout of this new apartment is a bit odd. The front room, which has windows facing the street, also has a walk-in closet. As a result, I thought, "This must be the bedroom." The back room, which is smaller, and farther from the street noise, has no closet and is the connected to the kitchen, so I thought, "This must be the living room."

Unfortunately, using the rooms in this layout didn't really feel natural. The living room felt cramped and the front room was too noisy for sleeping (and I can sleep through a nuclear holocaust, so that's saying something). So, I decided to swap the purposes of the two rooms. It will be weird to walk through the bedroom to get to the kitchen, and to walk into the living room to get my clothes in the morning. But I decided if it's too weird, I'll just switch it back!

BEFORE: Front Room


BEFORE: Back Room

No comments: